Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tuesday Tea Break (4) Greek Myth Art

Posting a day late, oops. Sorry guys, hope you forgive me.

Before I get into today's topic, I want to tell you that I just finished Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy, and it was SO GOOD. Definitely recommended!

Okay, now for the real reason you're here. I'm quite in love with *Arbetta on deviantART right now, specifically her Greek myth drawings, so I thought I'd share some of her work. Click on the image to embiggen, and the title underneath to go to the dA page. Also, on the dA pages, she tells a little bit about each character, so if you want to find out more about the different Greek nymphs or goddesses pictured, click a link.

"Underworld nymphs" - L to R: Orphne/Gorgyra, Minthe/Mente, Leuce, a Lampade
"(More) Greek nymphs" - L to R: Pleiade, Epimelide, Naiad, Aurae
"Hades Happy Family (chibi)" - L to R: Cerberus, Hades, Persephone, Macaria, Melinoe
"Thanatos and Hypnos" - Thanatos (white) is on the right, and Hypnos (black) is on the left.
"Charites" - L to R: Aglaea, Euphrosyne, Thalia
"Six main chibi goddesses" - L to R: Hera, Aphrodite, Persephone, Demeter, Artemis, Athena

I love them all, but I think my favorites are the Charites and Hades' Happy Family. (Also, Hypnos is really kinda cute.)

Arbetta also has some stuff on her tumblr that hasn't been posted to dA, so here's some of that. Under a cut so the post doesn't get too long.


  
                 Artemis                                                                            Macaria and Melinoe

Hades and Persephone
Thanatos and Macaria
  
                                       Galatea (the 2nd one)                                                                            Antigone

Gah! It's all just so gorgeous!


What do you think? Would you want us to do more art "showcases" like this? Or should we just stick to bookish things?

—Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Arbetta, and I discovered your blog while searching for some images about Greek Mythology in Google Images, to see other illustration "versions" of the myths, and I was surprised to see some of my stuff here! It is amazing, and I just want to say a big "thank you" for your kind words and for posting some of my drawings here. I hope I can keep drawing soon and you will be surely mentioned in a new Greek Mythology picture. Again, thank you very much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so so welcome! I can't wait to see what you draw next!

      Delete

We LOVE comments! And while we may not have time to respond to every one, we do read and appreciate them all.