Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Series: Standalone
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Speak
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Pages: 372
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Rating: 5 cubes of sugar
Buy: Amazon | The Book Depository

Summary:
Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend, and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's not too pleased when her father decides to send her to boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new friends, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken—and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end in the French kiss she's been waiting for? (Taken from inside flap)

Review: 
I LOVED Anna and the French Kiss. So much. I read a library copy, and now I want to go BUY a copy, so I can read it again whenever I want. That I even want to read it again right now, just a few days after finishing, says something huge about the story—I usually only re-read when I want a refresher before a sequel comes out.

I loved the writing style. Stephanie emphasizes like I do, with CAPITAL LETTERS, as well as italicization. I have never seen another author emphasize with capitals (in a published book), and it made me happy to see I wasn’t alone.

The storyline was excellent, as I said earlier, though I spent most of the book telling St. Clair to "Just dump Ellie already!" I actually said that out loud, multiple times. This novel was fun, and light, and a little infuriating, but it was a nice change of pace from the edgier romance I read right before this. I definitely recommend Anna and the French Kiss to anyone who wants a cute contemporary romance, or even just a fast read.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I felt too! I borrowed this one from the library and now I want to go out and buy it. I absolutely loved it. Glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! And while we may not have time to respond to every one, we do read and appreciate them all.