Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (15)


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012

Amanda's Picks:
(in order read, not discovered)

1. Patrick Rothfuss author of The Kingkiller Chronicle
Pat quickly became one of my all-time favorite authors after reading The Name of the Wind. I'm sure those of you that have been around T3 for a while are tired of listening to me wax poetic about his writing, but it is quite beautiful.

2. John Green author of Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, among others.
I'd heard of John Green before but I didn't read any of his works until this year, boy was I missing out! He has such a great sense of humor! I also just found out that he was in our little hometown this past weekend working on some recording stuff for TFiOS! Excitement! (Just finished TFiOS, so be on the look out for a review soon!)

3. Veronica Roth author of Divergent, Insurgent, and the yet-unnamed-third-book of the Divergent series

4. Cassandra Clare author of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, and The Dark Artifices series

5. Anna Banks author of Of Poseidon (Of Triton coming in 2013!)

6. Leigh Bardugo author of Shadow & Bone (Siege & Storm coming in 2013!)

7. Jenna Burtenshaw author of Wintercraft series

8. Ally Carter author of Heist Society and Gallagher Girls series

9. Ernest Cline author of Ready Player One
A lot of my admiration and love for Ernie stems from how ridiculously jealous I am of him. He's pretty much living my dream career, a published author, produced scriptwriter (he wrote Fanboys! I love this movie!) and he's only like, the biggest, coolest geek ever (he drives a DeLorean with a flux capacitor in it, for pete's sake!) His second novel, Armada, isn't even out yet and it was just picked up by Universal for production! /jealous

10. Susan Dennard author of Something Strange and Deadly (A Darkness Strange and Lovely coming in 2013!!)

-Tea for Three Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments! And while we may not have time to respond to every one, we do read and appreciate them all.